None of the ideas in this post are revolutionary, but what I do find amazing are all the great baskets I find at thrift stores. I’m not usually looking for anything in particular when I’m strolling down the aisles at Goodwill. I just look for what speaks to me. And big gorgeous baskets shout out HELLO! when they see me, so I have to take them home and become friends. Here’s a peak at eight ways I use some of my favorites.
1. Stashing kids books. Whether they’re from our latest library visit, or there’s just not enough room on our shelves, large baskets are perfect for books.
2. Displaying colorful fruits and veggies. This also reminds us to reach for them more than other not-so-good snack foods. My five-year-old Eleanor recently fell in love with cucumbers because they were out where she could see (and ask about) them.
3. Keeping toy collections, collected. We have a number of toy sets that find their homes in various baskets throughout our home. They’re accessible and easy to pick up.
4. Store projects in one place. Whether it’s a bunch of thank you cards or a knitting project, it’s nice not always having to put things away. Baskets keep them together and still let you move them out of the way from little hands when needed. (This was my latest find at Goodwill–don’t you love this one?)
5. Organize drawers. I have to admit that I did clear out some clutter for this picture, but honest to goodness these baskets are in my craft desk full-time!
6. Gather goodies from the garden. Did I ever tell you I was an English major? Yeah, alliteration is a fave. And I love popping out to our little garden for fresh greens and herbs for cooking, too. Baskets make it easy to carry in a big haul.
7. Stash your favorite teas in plain site. This also works for other bits and pieces you don’t have a good spot for in the kitchen.
8. Show them off! This is probably my favorite thing to do with unique woven baskets. I keep them above our kitchen shelves where I can reach them if I need them, and they look pretty sitting up there.
I don’t think I’d ever turn down a good thrift store basket–there’s always room for more!
What are some of your favorite thrift store collections? Looking for inspiration? Check out the rest of my thrift store finds and projects here.
This post is sponsored by Goodwill SA.