It’s the last day of 2012 and I couldn’t resist doing a roundup of the top posts of the year. Count down with me to see which post readers loved the most in 2012!
12. Sprinkle of Stitchs When I first saw these cross stitch phone cases I was in love–and I still have the one I stitched almost a year ago now!
11. Amy and Mary Go Thrifting My friend Mary is awesome, and it’s tons of fun to have a partner in crime at the thrift store–I see many more thrift store trips in our future!
10. Thrift Store Finds I always love sharing my secondhand finds, and hearing what kinds of things y’all are finding too! In fact, I’m partnering up with Goodwill this year to bring you even more fun thrifty finds and ideas.
9. Spring Bolero It’s rare that I actually make something for myself, so this knitted bolero was a perfect project. My mom even knitted me another in blue for Christmas.
8. Upcycled Neon Necklace This was a fun project to make, very different from my usual aesthetic, but fun. I loved using the drill–I’ll definitely be using it in more projects in the new year.
7. I Was a Teenage Mother: My Journey Through Motherhood I took a leap of faith in the spring and shared my story about becoming a young mother. I wasn’t sure how you all would react, but so many of you wrote such positive and uplifting comments that I was glad I had taken the chance on opening myself up to y’all. The post even got picked up on BlogHer and reached an even larger audience than I had anticipated!
6. How to Make Eco-Friendly Papel Picado I’m all about creative reuse and this was probably one of my favorite projects of the year. I even made one of my first video tutorials to go with it!
5. Why I Ditched my SLR I officially became a phoneographer this year, ditching my SLR pretenses and opting out for my iPhone instead. I’ve been so happy with this move and don’t see myself moving back any time soon!
4. 5 Things You Should Never Buy at the Thrift Store It was fun making a little guide for what not to buy at thrift stores–my number one no-no? Underwear–why do they even sell it??
3. Crochet Coin Purse Pattern in Craft Sanity Magazine I was excited to have my first crochet pattern published in CraftSanity Magazine this year. I’ve been a long time fan of Jennifer Ackerman-Haywood’s podcast, and was thrilled to have my coin purse accepted. And now you can find the pdf pattern in my Etsy shop.
2. Dia de los Muertos Skull Banner Tutorial I made this project as part of a Blueprint Social campaign for Martha Stewart and you guys loved it–I even got to see some awesome banners you all were making–I love when y’all are inspired by my little blog!
1. 5 Things You Should Always Buy from the Thrift Store And the biggest (and most controversial) post of the year was my guide for what you should always buy at the thrift store. Didn’t catch this one? Click over to see the heated conversation about what item readers weren’t so sure belonged on the list.
Thank you all for reading along this year, and welcome to you who are just joining us. It’s such a gift to be able to share my creative ideas online. Can’t wait to share some new ideas I already have in the works–what kind of projects and posts do you hope to see on Maker Mama this year?