Today I’m sharing my 15 favorite holiday gifts for boys. Whether you have a book lover, secret spy wannabe, or an outdoor explorer, there’s something for every boy on your list. Looking for girls gifts? Check out my 15 holiday gifts for girls.
1. Spectrix Card Game Created by a scientist couple, this is an amazingly designed game of skill where players lay down a series of cards, creating a spectrum of color.
2. Top Secret Spy Kit from Land of Nod My nine-year-old is at the age where he loves the idea of solving mysteries–he’d flip over this spy kit complete with spy glasses, fingerprint kit, code cards, and more.
3. Outdoor Explorer Kit by Seedling For the outdoorsy type, this explorer kit includes a sketch pad, colored pencils, magnifying glass, headlamp, bug checklist, and a canvas bag to carry it all in.
4. Creationary Lego Game My boys are huge Lego fans, and I love the idea of a family game that inspires creativity.
5. Varsity Sports Sheet Set from Land of Nod Get your sports lover to make his bed–and then hop back in at bedtime!
6. Lego Drinking Bottle from The Container Store Make sure guys stay hydrated during their Lego-building marathons.
7. Shower Squids These are an answer to my prayers! With nine adjustable tentacles for holding shampoo, soap, and washing extras, these squids will not only entice your boys to get squeaky clean, but will help keep the shower tidy, too! (You’ve gotta see the video on how these work–it’s so cool!)
8. Dragons Pajama Set by Hatley Made of 100% cotton, these dragon pjs will whisk your little guy off to bed (I’m noticing a get your boys to bed theme here).
9. Snowflake Henley Sweater Keep them warm and in style with this 100% cotton, machine-washable sweater.
10. Tri Grey TOMS Handpicked by Skyler, keep your boy and a child in need running when you buy a pair of shoes from this amazingly charitable company.
11. Patagonia Kids Slouch Beanie from Tea I’m running out of time for hat-knitting, but this beanie is nice and roomy and will keep their heads toasty warm.
12. Chitty Chitty Bang Bang Flies Again The story of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang lives on in this modern chapter book about how the Tooting family finds a mysterious old engine for their camper van. Visit the link above for a video interview with the author.
13. The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore I saw this in the bookstore the other day and it is amazing! William Joyce is one of our favorite children’s book authors, and this book is a must-have for any family library.
14. Boy + Bot This is a charming book about a boy and a robot who misunderstand each other at times, but soon become the best of friends.
15. Who Could That Be at This Hour? Lemony Snicket returns with a tale featuring a younger self and his mysterious apprenticeship in an organization that nobody knows about, in the first of four books he shouldn’t be writing. A perfect match with that spy kit, don’t you think?
What’s on your boy’s wish list this year? Any other favorite gift ideas? I’d love to hear them!